The Business Development Manager is a senior position within the management team.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for all profitable and promotional activity, reporting directly to the General Manager.
Measurement and improvement of the Key Marketing Indicators (KMI’s) for the unit are an essential part of the BDM role. A proactive approach is required to ensure that Key Drivers are continually fed into the business via the unit’s business development activity. In conjunction with the unit Marketing Plan the BDM must ensure that the unit database is constantly increasing.
- Co-ordinating any in house or external events and to act as the face of the business to guests
- Proactively driving business to the site through key drivers
- Attending local networking events
- Holding approx. six meetings with target companies a week to showcase the venue
- Building and maintaining relationships with local businesses and charities
- Completing function sheets to the company standard and communicating special business and events to management
- Managing the site’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts; ensuring regular interaction and all follower feedback is responded to
- Managing the Trip Advisor page and respond to every review
- Managing the agreed event calendar for the unit
- Awareness of local awards that the site could be entered for
- Managing the reservations system (Zonal) and working closely with the restaurant manager to ensure future reservations are maximised and that all parameters and flags are constantly adjusted to maximise productivity
- Ensuring all hosts and PA’s are trained to company standard
- Managing the stock of all marketing material and report to BMM once a week
- Complete the monthly KMI report, monthly marketing report and monthly action points within requested deadlines. Please see appendices 1 for all examples of these reports
- Executing local Christmas marketing and bookings over the festive period
- Continuing to grow the database through pop-ups, competitions and incentives
- To stay abreast of local competition and their activity
- To assist the General Manager and HQ when necessary
In Return our client is offering
A competitive salary and bonus package
50% discount on all food when dining at any of the restaurants
Excellent training and career progression
Tax Free Child Care Vouchers
Employee Assistance program providing guidance and advice on health, financial and legal matters.
Fun working environment
Candidates should note that this is not always a 9-5 position and that you will be required to work some evenings and weekends.
Please apply with current C.V